If a cylinder is damaged, in poor condition, leaking, or the contents areunknown, contact your cylinder vendor. Have the vendor return the damagedcylinder to the manufacturer.
- Wear appropriate foot protection when engaged in moving or transporting cylinders.
- Sturdy shoes are a minimum.
- Steel toed shoes if required by your supervisor, instructor, or department.
- Proper personal protective clothing and equipment shall be worn.
- Always have an appropriate Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) available and be familiar with the health, flammability and reactivity hazards for the particular gas.